Thanks Jim & Jamie Dutcher for permission to use photo of Lakota.

Monday, April 26, 2004

Marched to Save Women's Lives





WOW!!!

It was an amazing experience yesterday! I was one of about 800,000 people that marched to Save Women's Lives in Washington D.C. and I am so glad to have been a part of the demonstration. According to the police, this is the LARGEST demonstration in history to date for ANY subject. If I offend anyone, that is not my intention. I want to keep what is mine (my body) and help others to keep what is theirs. Also, I do not know where any of you stand on the issue, but I know I love YOU for who you are and I can only hope to receive the same in return. No judgemnet passed! I simply am sharing an experience and a powerful one at that! Here were some of my favorite slogans yesterday one of the most disturbing as well.

"Terminate Presidency - Abort Bush"
"My Bush is Pro-Choice"
"I want to control your uterus." (This was a man wearing a mask holding a sign and I ask, who is the terrorist in this group?)

Our crew went down with the Empire State Pride Agenda bus and we were one big happy family! They rock!

My production team and I wore t-shirts that created a little buzz about Icarus Fool and we passed out postcards. Our slogan, Help remove the Scarlet A...based on the true story of a teenager who self-induces a miscarriage even though abortion IS legal. Our website is up however, it needs a lot of changes and they are being worked on. Anyway, you can check it out www.IcarusFool.com but, remember, it's getting a complete makeover.

Remember to vote! There have been over 200 abortion laws changed since Bush has been in office. We are one seat away on the Supreme Court to eliminating Roe vs. Wade if he is elected into office again. I fear Bush! And, I love life!

Peace!



Copyright © 2009 Alyssa Polacsek, Lakota Films, LLC

No comments:

Post a Comment