Thanks Jim & Jamie Dutcher for permission to use photo of Lakota.

Tuesday, September 3, 2002

Bubba - 16 Years!


To all of you who have ever known and loved Bubba.

Today is a very difficult day for me. Bubba is about 16 years old and I have had him since he was about 3 years of age. Bubba is getting wobbly in the legs, not eating, and a few other things I won't go into, but I don't want him to suffer and he has had a good life. He and I are spending the day together...we're going to the dog park one last time so he can announce to all the youngsters his final words of wisdom. He is eating hamburger...he hasn't eaten in a couple of days now, so this is good. That's my boy!

Bubba History: Bubba was found in a dumpster with a broken rib, a hernia, dreadlocks (we take after one another...for those of you who haven't seen me in awhile, I am locking my hair), an inverted eyelid, and larangitis. I was always a big-dog person until Bubba came into my life. Bubba has a HUGE heart! And, a HUGE personality! He did an amazing Marlon Brando impression from "The Godfather" in his younger years. He starred in an NYU film (which he auditioned for the part outside of Port Authority...he was great!) and he was in 2 productions of "The Cherry Orchard," which some of you were in with him. Bubba is an avid camper. He loves the sun and the shade. He loves to sleep belly up in your arms and snore while you shake his leg and say, "The turkey's done." He loves cats...for awhile he thought he was one...even went so far as to try to use the litter box and lay on the kitchen table. He was so pleased with himself! Bubba has travelled all over the country; California, Oregon, Washington, Canada, Montana (where he almost got arrested for having a corn cob pipe in the VW which contained resin...no, Bubba didn't smoke, but my ex did), Colorado, Wyoming, Vermont, NY, and many other states. He has climbed mountains...and been carried up several too. He used to play with Taz...his stuffed animal which he claimed as "his" the first day he came to stay with me...up until which had been mine. I had no problems giving it to him...he was so excited over it! Bubba has been the most loyal friend! I love him! And, I will miss him very very much! Here's to Bubba! (This is where you raise your glass and toast him!) Thanks.

Love, Bubba's MOM!

Copyright © 2009 Alyssa Polacsek, Lakota Films, LLC & Natural Child Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment